Monday, September 29, 2014

Time Flies

Hey y'all!
It's kinda crazy how time moves on your mission. I can't believe how fast time flies, I've already been out for 2 months! I'm really starting to fall in love with the people of st. vincent. They are so amazing and such an example to me. Most people here don't have very much. Even their most basic needs aren't met such as enough food, clothes, and a clean house for protection. People here go thorough struggles I have never thought happened to people. But despite the trials and really hard times their faith is never shaken. As I hear and see them bare their testimonies by the things they do and say it really touches me. These people are amazing! And sometimes while I'm sitting down with them and they begin to tell me their struggles, I just want to cry with them and give them everything I have. And I kinda do in a sense. I give them my whole heart. I bare my whole heart and testimony to them. I tell them that with a strong faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ we can make it through anything. Jesus is our big brother and he knows what we're going through. He waits for us with outstretched arms waiting to take on our burdens and struggles we just have to remember to lean on him for strength. And every time with out fail as I bare my heart to these people they smile and nod their heads. They know this too. It really is amazing to see the miracles that happen when people give their all to the gospel. Here is an awesome quote by C.S. Lewis
"The Lord says to us, give me all. I don't want so much of your time, so much of your work; I want you. All of you. I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man but to kill it, no half measures will do. I don't want to only prune a branch here and another there; rather I want the whole tree out. Hand it all over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them all over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of a new self in my image, give me yourself and in exchange I will give you myself. My will shall become your will, my heart shall become your heart."
I absolutely love this quote. This is what I am working on        with all my strength. I want to give my everything to the Lord, not just some things but everything. I know when my will becomes His will, that is when really amazing things will start to happen.
I'm learning and growing here so much everyday! Haha and absolutely having a blast while doing it. Missionary work is hard but so fun at the same time. Every single day something happens that just cracks me up. People in the Caribbean are so funny! The other day all the missionaries were together getting lunch at a members shop. And there was a tall plum tree. And I hear something up in the tree so I look up and there is a lady clear up there picking fruit. The funny part was she was in a dress and her legs were stretched from branch to branch. She was flashing everything! Haha then she started yelling at us, wondering if we wanted any plums. Then before we knew it, it started raining plums. All of us missionaries were laughing as we tried to grab plums as they fell but also trying not to look up at the lady flashing her underwear to the world. Haha oh I love it here so much!
Well I miss y'all and I love you bunches! Know that I think and pray for you all the time.
Talk to ya next week! Tot Ziens!
Liefde, 
Zuster C 

No comments:

Post a Comment