Thursday, April 3, 2014

Called to Serve

On March 6, 2014 I was called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was called to serve in the West Indies Suriname mission region and I will be speaking the Dutch language. When I read my call I was shocked. I didn't know where the West Indies even were but it sounded like somewhere around India so you can Imagine I was surprised and a little confused when I read I would be speaking Dutch. It was not until a little later, after the initial shock of reading my mission call wore off that I found out where exactly the West Indies were. If you don't know they are a cluster of Caribbean islands. But the West Indies mission also includes 3 small South American countries and this is where I will be serving, on one of those little countries. Suriname to be exact and that is why I will be speaking Dutch because that is the main language in that country. Here's a couple interesting facts about my mission. It has only been around for the past 25 years and the first sister missionaries were sent there only a couple years ago, so there aren't many. Also as of right now there has not been any sister missionaries in Suriname, so I will be one of the first. It's a little intimidating but don't worry I'm up for the challenge. I'm so excited to be given this privilege to bring the gospel to the people of Suriname. I will continue to make posts as I prepare to serve a mission. This is the beginning of a new and exciting chapter in my life… I can't wait :)



My Mission



No comments:

Post a Comment