Thursday, July 24, 2014

Farewell Family and Friends

These past 4 months have been so much fun! I have gotten to go and do pretty much everything and see everyone before I leave on my 18 month adventure to the West Indies. So here's what happened... After I got home from school in April I was able to go out to Maryland with my dad and Austen for one of his AJGA golf tournaments. It was so much fun, I love watching my brother play golf… he is so dang good! And it is always a blast spending time with my dad. It was also really cool to be in Maryland because I had never really been to the east coast before other than NYC and while we were there we also stopped in D.C. for a night. It was awesome! Then right after being in Maryland I flew straight to Las Vegas to babysit my cute cousins while their parents went on a cruise in Europe. I had so much fun spending time with them! Then after being in Vegas me and my dad ran The Super Spartan in Austin which consisted of over 8 miles and 25 obstacles. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done but I was so glad that I got to do it with my dad. The next day after running the Super Spartan not only was I extremely sore but I hopped on a plane to New York with my mom to meet my very favorite friends The Johnsens! We had a blast walking around central park, shopping, seeing broadway shows and of course eating delicious treats! It was for sure a trip to remember. Then after coming home for 1 night the next day my family turned around and left for Disney World! We had a blast!! It is a vacation that I will never forget with my whole family… I loved it. So after spending a few days at Disney the rest of my family left to go back home and my very best friend and roommate in college came out with her mom and we spent 4 days at Universal Studios. It was my very first time to ever go and I just have two words… Butter Beer. It was so yummy! I can't believe I had never been there before it was so fun. I am definitely looking forward to going again someday. Then after the Disney and Universal trip it was time to come home and stay home. Then fast forward a couple weeks and it was a week till my farewell. Time went by so fast! My Huxford cousins from Vegas flew out the Wednesday before and so did my grandparents. We had so much fun partying it up… going to water parks, shopping, go cart racing. We had a ball. Then I went through the temple, Ashlen was baptized and I had my farewell all in the same weekend. I had so many family and friends there to support me. I am so grateful for all the wonderful people in my life. That was a very special weekend and one that I will never forget! I have made lots of wonderful memories and had so much fun! I will remember these times and thank Heavenly Father for the amazing family I have been blessed with I am really gonna miss them…

But because I have been given much I too must give… and I am ready to give my all and serve the people of the West Indies.



No comments:

Post a Comment