Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Farewell MTC

It's my last week in the MTC! I can't believe it! It's really bitter sweet! I'm so extremely excited to finally get out to my mission but at the same time it's gonna be so hard to say goodbye to everyone here. I've made so many amazing life long friends and all my teachers are the best! It's gonna be so sad to say see ya later on monday... at 4:30 AM! Hahah I just know Monday is going to be a super long day. We fly from SLC to Houston! So that is really cool! I'm gonna be so close to the fam but so far at the same time... It'll be weird. Then from Houston straight to Trinidad :) I'm so pumped to get there!
So this week we welcomed the New missionaries. I love all of them, they are so awesome! And today we are getting 36 new missionaries... It's gonna be a little crazy but I'm so excited to meet them. And my friend Jordan that I met at school is one of the Norwegian missionaries! Can't wait to see here :) It's so nice to see familiar faces here.

Okay, I was put to the test a little this week. As a sister training leader it is my responsibility to make sure all the sisters are doing good. I interview them each individually and just get to know them and see if there is anything I can help with. So usually I LOVE it! It's so fun to talk to all the sisters and get to know them. Well this week there was a big problem with one of the companionship's. They are both extremely different so as you can imagine after 4 weeks of having to spend basically every second together... lets just say  there was quite a bit of tension. Well after many individual interviews and hearing both of their concerns I had absolutely no idea what to do. I didn't know what advice to give them... I had never been in a situation like this before. So that night after talking to the sisters and feeling extremely overwhelmed. I knelt down and prayed. I asked God if he would please help to soften both the sisters hearts and me me know what to say to help them. I prayed so hard, I needed his help so bad! Then after I prayed a warmth came into my heart. I felt like everything was gonna work out. Then the next day I got the impression to have the sisters talk their problems out together and I could be in the room to mediate. I was so scared! I still felt like I had no idea what I should say to help them. I said a quick prayer for comfort then went in with the sisters. I have no idea what I said or how it worked but the sisters were able to work out their differences. And that Sunday when I reported back to the branch president he told me how concerned he had been about the situation and how he was thinking he was going to have to step in and help get it resolved. And how amazed he was with how I handled everything. I learned something really important through this experience that I hope I remember forever. The Lord really knows best and when you have faith and rely on him he is always there to help take control of any situation. 

Ik houd van Hem. En Ik weet dat hij for mij liefhebben. God is ons Hemelse Vader. Hij is hier om te hulp en om troost te brengen. I houd van het evangalie en het de vredevol voelen brengen. De kerk van Jezus Christus van De Heiligen Der Laatste Dagen waareste kerk op de aarde is. 

I love my mission. I am constantly learning and growing. And for the first time in my life I can bare testimony of the truth of this gospel and know with out a doubt that it is true. I hope you all feel the same and if you don't that is okay. That is why were are here on the earth, we get lots of time to practice :) I love you all so much... talk to you on the other side!

Liefde, 
Zuester C. 

 Me with all the Danish Brothers
Suriname & Sweden

No comments:

Post a Comment