Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Testimonies are a Cool Thing

I can't believe I've been out for over a month now... it's crazy! We leave in less than 2 weeks and we get our flight plans this Friday! I'm so pumped to go to Suriname :) This week was kinda sad. The danish missionaries in my zone left Monday to go to Denmark. I was so excited for them to finally get out into the field but it was hard to say goodbye. It's amazing how fast strong friendships can grow when you are working and serving the Lord together. I've made friendships here that I'm gonna have for a lifetime. So now my district is the oldest in the Zone. WHAAAT? It's sometimes intimidating trying to be the best example I can be for them but i find it's much easier when I just simply love and serve them. We are getting 9 new missionaries today: 7 Sisters and 2 Elders. It's so awesome! So far the Elders have always outnumbered the Sisters but now we are catching up! Since I'm a sister training leader I get the opportunity to welcome them and tell them all about the MTC. I can't wait to meet all of them :)


Okay I've got a funny story for y'all. On Sunday at Devo me and another sister were sitting together by some random Elders. So to be nice I talked to them for a little while before the devotional started. I asked where they where serving, where they're from, you know normal convo... nothing special. So then Devo started and it was great as always. Well after I stood up and shook their hands and said how nice it was to meet them and good luck on their missions. Then one of them blurts out before I can get away "Can I have your email, we can write each other about our missions!" I must have made a really strange face because he just started back and asked "was that wrong to ask." I wanted to say.. Ummm yeah, dude we're on missions! Haha and the most uncomfortable part was the speaker had just talked a lot on "locking your heart" and how Elders and Sisters should not flirt. And the importance of staying focused on our missions. Ahh it was so uncomfortable and I didn't know what to do. So reluctantly I gave it to him... I thought things like this wouldn't happen on my mission. Haha well if anything I guess it made for a funny story!

Basically everything in the MTC is the same. Lots of studying and praying. I love it here though, the spirit is so strong. And it's so cool to see missionaries all around learning and growing in the gospel in all different languages. I like to go outside to study because the weather has been so great here and its nice to get out of the classroom. It's cool because every time I'm out their studying a set of missionaries come up to me and bare their testimonies. And tell me why the choose to go on a mission. And even though sometimes I don't understand what they are saying. I can always feel it and I can feel their love for our savior Jesus Christ and his gospel. I hope all of y'all remember how important you are to God and how much he loves you. Thank you so much for all the support and letters! Y'all are the best. I pray for you always!

Liefde,
Zuster C

My entire district & the flag of each country they're going to!
 Sister Allred & I; she is going to Sweden!
 The Suriname district!

No comments:

Post a Comment