Saturday, October 4, 2014

Survivor

Halo Familie
Well I survived another week Chicken Goonya free! It was a close call though... I got a really funky rash and I guess that is how it starts. Hahah so once people found out that I had a rash they started freaking out and trying to get me to try all their remedies to "cure" me. The people are crazy in the Caribbean, I love them but they're crazy! Haha I had so much coconut oil rubbed on my legs! Everyone here uses coconut oil for everything. It's actually super cool. One of the members is going to show me how to make it... I'm so excited :) 
So I am continually amazed by the beauty of this place. It is constantly taking my breath away. We had a meeting on the other side of the island this week. The whole drive was along the coast and it was beautiful! Dad it was like when we drove down along California through Malibu but even better! Oh and there was 2 baptisms on Saturday, Zoana and Tony. It was one of the coolest experiences I have ever had. The people here are just so amazing. They were baptised in the ocean then after we had a testimony meeting on the beach, it was so cool to feel the spirit so strong and to hear them tell of their conversion story and their testimony of the church. Then to feel their excitement as they are starting their life long journey in following Christ. It was pretty awesome.
Okay so since I've been on my mission I have been absolutely exhausted. I come home at night and crash hard then I wake up in the morning and feel like a zombie. I'm just so tired altijde. I am pushing my self so hard though, so that I can have energy to do this with all my effort. I'm doing my best... So I think Heavenly Father understands :) The other day when I was reading the book of mormon I read Helamen Chapter 5 verse 6. This verse talks about the importance of names and it made me think back to Peyten and his talk at my farewell. And I started thinking of my name and how for the next 18 months my name is Zuster. I started thinking about all the awesome Zusters who have gone before me like mom and aunt laura and so many other amazing women. I don't want to let them down. And I'm not going to. I'm going to remember their works and do good. So don't worry I'm not slacking off here on the beach I really am working hard. And although this is the most physically exhausting thing I have ever done... I'm putting in my best effort and absolutely loving it! The church is so true, I have never been happier in my whole life! Well I gotta go but I hope y'all have a great week!
Liefde, 
Zuster Christiansen 

No comments:

Post a Comment