Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year!

I hope y'all all had a Happy New Year and a fun Christmas break! I can't believe we are starting a new year, this one flew by! But I'm excited to see all the amazing adventures that await me in 2015 :)

My new years was a tiny bit insane! Haha people here take fireworks to a whole other level! It's ridiculous! They light them off the whole day long, it's so funny. Even when it is still bright outside. Then at midnight on New Year's eve it sounded like a war zone! It was crazy! Me and Zuster King couldn't sleep so we went out side and climbed on our roof and watched. It was really cool, but I feel like I would've enjoyed it more if I wasn't an exhausted missionary. 

This week Heavenly Father definitely blessed us with some miracles. President and Zuster Mehr came here this weekend for zone conference. It was so fun to have them here, I love them so much! They came out teaching with us and we went and saw one of our investigators Consuella. She has a baptismal date for February 28. It was such a good lesson. President and Zuster Mehr don't speak any dutch but we brought a member with us to help translate. Recently Consuella has gotten super excited about reading the book of mormon and so we talked about how she can be a missionary and share the same happiness the book of mormon brings in her life with her friends. She loved it and we were able to role play with her and help her feel more comfortable with missionary work! She's so cute, she loved it! And we left her with the challenge to write her testimony in the front of the book of mormon and to give it to a friend. 

Then on Saturday we had a huge contacting activity in the city with all the missionaries and members. It was so fun, we were able to meet tons of people! And one of the Elders is a super good artist so he drew the plan of salvation in chalk on the side walk. It was a blast to meet people on the street and share with them the message of the restoration and The book of mormon. Gosh I just love missionary work, it's the best! It makes me so happy and I'm so excited I have this special time to give my everything to the Lord! Nothing gets much better than this!

Well I hope y'all have a great week! Thanks for sending me so much love every week! Tot Ziens! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment