Monday, March 16, 2015

Finally out of the house!!

This week was good! I was able to go out and get some missionary work done. Cheniva, the member girl who is waiting to go on her mission to Georgia, came out with me while Zuster Walsh stayed at a members house. Zuster Walsh is still pretty sick, we are going to the doctor later today so hopefully we can find out what is wrong and she can get better real soon! Keep praying for her!

Even with all the craziness that has been going on here it has been so amazing to see the blessings and miracles God has placed in our path. We have a new investigator Brian. He is so willing to change his life and follow God. He has been addicted to weed for the past few years but he has been slowly trying to wing himself off drugs. This week we had a lesson with him and the spirit was so strong as I testified that Jesus Christ knew his addiction and knew exactly how he felt. I told him to give his pain and heartache over to the Lord and he would find true happiness. Not that moment of happiness that comes from a high but the long lasting happiness that comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ. The spirit was so strong with us and I could see the desire in His eyes to find a true, long lasting happiness. I love looking at him and seeing his willingness to change and to follow Christ. He loves the Book of Mormon and reads every night! He really wants to change and I just know if he gives himself over to God, God will change him. That's something so real and amazing about the gospel. It has the ability to change our lives for the better, to help us become stronger, happier people. I've loved seeing that in the people I teach and also in myself. 

We taught mission prep yesterday. It was so awesome looking out at everyone and seeing the potential that they all posses, to go out and preach the gospel through out the world to people God is preparing for them to meet. I had so much fun teaching and bearing my testimony of the importance of a mission. I absolutely love my mission. It's the best decision I ever made. The work that you do as a missionary is unlike anything else. It's God's work. I get to go out everyday and make a difference in peoples lives that will last for eternity. It's so special. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love it here and I have given my heart to these people. I love getting to serve them with my whole heart. It's the best! Thanks you so much for all the love and support. Y'all are the best. Have a great week! 
Met Liefde, 
Zuster C 

No comments:

Post a Comment