Monday, March 9, 2015

Phagwa

Hey Y'all!
Wow what a week... This week was Phagwa. That is a Hindu holiday and basically everyone dances around in the streets throwing colorful chalk and paint at each other! It's absolutely crazy! Well there is a member of our branch that was Hindu before she was baptized so she had all the missionaries over to celebrate. It was so much fun! We were covered in a bunch of colors and it was fun to embrace the culture with the people here. I loved it! And my hair is still green... I've scrubbed my hair but I can't get all of it out. So I'm going to be a green haired missionary for a couple more days! hahah it's unique right?

Zuster Walsh has been feeling a little better so we were able to go out and do some work this week! It was really hard staying inside and not getting the chance to go out and see people and it got my spirits down a little bit. I don't think I have ever prayed so hard in my life that God with bless us with a miracle and that he would give Zuster Walsh the strength and confidence to go out and work. After I prayed I opened my scriptures to a verse. 2 Nephi 4:29 it says: "Do not slacken my strength because of mine afflictions" That scripture hit me so hard. And it made me realize that I was not going to let my self feel down because I was going through a hard time. Life is full of hard times and full of ups and downs. That's why we are here isn't it? To be tried and tested! So I made up my mind right then that I was not going to slacken my strength because of hard times. I am going to give my all to the Lord and my all to the people here in Suriname in every way that I can. 

Later that day we had a lesson with one of our investigators, Sister Better. We have been teaching her for a while. She was almost baptized before I got here but she doubted her self and since then she has not had a strong desire to do anything with the church. But when we came to her house she was smiling and so happy that we were there. She told us that she had read from the book of Mormon every night since the last time we visited. She had that excitement and desire again. I was so happy! God gave us the miracle I had desperately asked for. God, loves us! He really does. And he looks for opportunities when he can bless us and answer our prayers. We just have to be humble enough to ask. I am so grateful for the hard times because God always finds a way to teach me something. So when life seems like it's too hard and everything seems to be going wrong, Remember "Do not Slacken your strength because of your afflictions!" Stay Strong! I love y'all so much! Have a great week and remember God loves you!
Met liefde, 
Zuster C 

No comments:

Post a Comment