Monday, December 1, 2014

First Baptism

What a week! I had my first baptism :) Sherijl was baptized on Saturday! Looking back it really was a miracle and it's amazing to see her journey to getting baptized. The Lord's hand was in the whole thing! The day that we contacted her she had been looking for a new church for her and her 2 boys so then that next Sunday she came to church and she felt the spirit so strong that she started crying! Then the first time that we met with her she could hardly read and it was really hard for her to pay attention during the lessons but she had a really strong desire to be baptized from the beginning. So me and Zuster King helped teach her to read every lesson from the book of Mormon. And we prayed really hard that the Lord would help her. It was so amazing to see her progress, every time we went over there her reading got better and better and she told us how she had been praying to heavenly father to help her read. Sherijl has more faith than anyone I have ever met. This experience just goes to show that through Heavenly Father's help anything is possible and through him you can achieve your greatest potential. The women who was baptized on Saturday is so different then the women we met a month ago. And I'm just so happy that Heavenly Father trusted me enough to help him in bringing back one of his daughters :)
Haha something funny about Sherijl she was insanely excited about getting baptized! I'm pretty sure there has never been anyone in the history of ever who was as excited as she was to get baptized. haha So this last week we went over to her house everyday to make sure she was really prepared and every time we went over there all she could talk about was her baptism on Saturday. She said that she couldn't sleep at night because she was so excited. Then when it was time for her to get baptized she didn't just walk into the baptismal font.... she danced! It was so cute to see how excited she was. I love her :) I just know that I was sent here to find her and teach her. Nothing has ever made me happier than to know that I helped someone find their way back to the path of happiness and to Jesus Christ. I love being a missionary! I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to go out and find my friends here in Suriname who are waiting to receive the gospel. Through this experience I have learned that with hard work, determination and faith in God absolutely anything is possible. And God really does work according to our faith. So believe in him and know that he is here to help us, we just have to have the faith to know that he can :)
I love y'all so much and I'm so grateful for all the prayers and love. I hope you all had a great thanksgiving and ate lots of turkey and pie and watched lots of football! Talk to you next week! Doei!

Met Liefde, 
Zuster Christiansen

No comments:

Post a Comment