Monday, February 23, 2015

Transfers

Well it's been a pretty crazy week. We got transfer calls and Zuster King is going to St. Maartin. I'm gonna miss her so bad, we've gotten to be best friends and had so many amazing adventures together! So it's just going to be Zuster Walsh and I holding down the fort here in Suriname. And she's still a new missionary so I'm going to be training her. It's so crazy! I don't feel like I've been on a mission long enough to be training but I'm so pumped for all the new adventures we're gonna have together :) She is an awesome missionary with such a strong testimony, so even though I'm super sad to say goodbye to Zuster King I'm excited for this next transfer. There will be lots of change but I'm ready for the challenge!

We weren't able to get much done this week because Zuster Walsh got super sick. She started out the week with an awful Cold/Flu thing. Then a couple days ago she got a fever with really bad joint pains... symptoms of Chickun Gun Ya. I feel so bad for her, it's the worst! So we've been stuck inside basically all week. Poor thing, keep her in y'alls prayers! 

But we did get to go out a couple times at the beginning of the week and meet with one of our new investigators Brian. He is hilarious. I contacted him a couple weeks ago... or more like he contacted me. I was riding my bike down the road and he yelled at me from the roof of a house saying "Sister when are you going to come teach me!" I thought he was a crazy drunk guy so I kept riding by but he kept on yelling at me so I just turned around to see if he was legit or not. Well anyway I ended up giving him a book of mormon and setting up a return appointment. And he told me he had a problem smoking weed. So I told him God would help him to stop! 

Anyway so when I went by for our return appointment he said "Zuster Christiansen, I have some good and bad news... Bad news I didn't read out of the book of mormon. Good news I didn't smoke a joint today! :) Haha I was so proud of him. 

Well everything is still good here in Suriname. I love it and absolutely love all the people I am serving here. Oh and Cheniva the girl who worked with me last week while Zuster King was gone got her mission call to Atlanta Georgia! I'm so excited for her. She is going to be an amazing missionary! I love y'all! Have a great week! And don't forget Heavenly Father loves you :)
Liefde, 
Zuster C

No comments:

Post a Comment